We are a conclave of content creators that have come together to champion diversity in the film industry by making it more accessible to independent artists. Creative Cypher is a resource bank for creatives that eliminates the need to ask for permission. Creative Cypher has cultivated a network of tech -savvy multicultural Millennials and Gen Xers who produce high-quality content and experiences.
Founded in Chicago, by Troy Pryor, Creative Cypher has expanded its reach across the US with more than 2000 artists, 150-plus companies, a mobile app, news station, university programs, and multiple projects in production.
FOR LATEST FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
THE CYPHER APP IS LAUNCHING FALL 18
access / community
We bring hundreds of diverse creators together and help cultivate environments for organic collaboration.The Creative Cypher provides members with access to professional production resources including, noted directors, writers, producers, editors and more, who specialize in providing high-quality production services (pre thru post) that meet industry standards. We also provide members a large network of content creators, fiscal sponsorship, and resources to collaborate and bring your with our projects to life.
We create atmospheres the celebrate the talent and abilities of our gifted artists though both public and exclusive events.
Creative Cypher celebrates the collective work of our artists by promoting their work at various networking, and media events throughout the year. We highlight the achievements and contributions of our artists through both signature and sponsor held events.
We ensure creators understand the business of show and mentor youth through a variety of programing. Our XLerator workshops work directly with creators to ensure they produce the best possible product. We strive to educate, support, and mentor our members through ongoing artist development. We are constantly seeking ways to provide educational resources, like our script coverage program, production consultations, panels, keynotes, workshops, and conservatory courses. We also offer several youth mentoring and internships throughout the year.
The Creative Cypher has teamed up with several youth organizations and institutions to provide youth mentoring, as well as workshops in areas such as acting, improv, and public speaking. We also provide job shadowing and internship opportunities to give students real world experience on professional productions.
Pitch your production
Creative Cypher has supported several award-winning projects through funding and distributed on multiple platforms. We accept a select number of scripts each quarter. Once your script has been approved you will receive a confirmation. Be sure to read our indemnification terms prior to submitting scripts.
- We encourage you to register your concept with the Writers Guild of America West Registry.
- The Creative Cypher must receive an Association Production credit for development services via official Creative Cypher logo and a "In Association with" title card.
- No script will be considered without a completed and signed submission agreement. If a script is written by a writing team, it must be submitted with the written consent of the all credited authors.
- All feature film scripts must be 90-120 pages and typed in 12pt Courier (or Courier Final Draft) with standard screenplay margins and spacing.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Scripts must be written in English.
- Scripts must be the original work of the submitter(s) and may not be based, in whole or in part, on any other fiction or nonfiction material, published or unpublished, produced or un-produced.
- Submitted scripts must not be produced, sold or under option at the time of the submission.
- The submitted script must be in Final Draft format (.fdx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) and must be submitted electronically.
- Current contact information must be included on the title page with every submitted script.
We take your submission and intellectual property very seriously, which is why we only review concepts that have been submitted through this online submission process.
By submitting this request you are agreeing to our terms and conditions